Like many other spinners; I tend to accumulate quite a bit of fiber. It’s easier (a LOT easier) to buy fiber or yarn that to actually create something with it. In the Spin the Bin Challenge every spinner makes a commitment to spin a pre-determined set of at least 12 fibers from their stash. The spinning must be finished before the end of 2015. Furthermore each spinner can choose to donate the fibers from the bin that weren’t spun before the end of the year.
Here are the fibers I have committed to spinning this year:
- Fiber Quirks The Tarot Series Hand-carded Batts: The Star Merino 100g/3.5oz
- Porpoise Fur Rita’s Bedroom Falkland 115g/4.0oz
- Hilltop Cloud Robin Merino, BFL, Manx Loaghtan, Yak 100g/3.5oz
- Hilltop Cloud Blue Nile Merino, Corriedale, Tussah Silk, Stellina 100g/3.5oz
- Hilltop Cloud Carded Batt- Blue & Yellow Spinning Fiber- Merino, BFL, Alpaca 100g/3.5oz
- Undyed Polwarth approx 2.5oz
- Willow Fairy Wool Hearty – BFL, Silk 100g/3.5oz
- Fondant Fibre Meditation Norboo 100g/3.5oz
- Fondant Fibre Dakota Don’t remember the fibers 115g/4.0oz
- Garngalleriet Handcarded Batts Orange/Pastels Don’t remember the fibers 99g/3.5oz
- Homespun from Devon Cottage Garden – Hand Dyed Blue Faced Leicester Top/Roving 100g/3.5oz
- Porpoise Fur Wysteria BFL/Alpaca/Silk 115g/4.0oz
I have started on my #10 already and I am really enjoying it!